Monday 18 December 2023

Wasteland Workshop: the Big Foot

 

Mad Max: Fury Road is one of my favourite movies of all time, this high octane thriller was the best of 2015 in my opinion, and back then I painted some epic scale vehicles to look like those of the movie. Despite all this I think that the setting of Necromunda is much more fitting for the kind of action shown in Frank Miller's production, and after watching the movie for the umpteenth time I bought some vehicles to bring it to life on our campaigns. 
The first is a toy car inspired by the Big Foot (above), a cheap vehicle kitted out with spare bits
The hardest part of this conversion was covering the windows from the inside with cardboard. Then I gave it a machinegun from the leman russ kit, new headlamps cropped from scout bikes, a LR proteus hatch and two flags made with toothpicks and scout bike streamers
The car is pretty big as you can see
Paintjob was quite easy: a silver drybrush over Vallejo gunmetal and another of dark grey for the big wheels, the final touch was some dusting made with a light brown on the lower part of the hull





No comments:

Post a Comment