Thursday 5 August 2021

Klovis the Redeemer

 

I speak now of my master Klovis, parangon of crusaders, exemplar for the faithful and last hope for these Hives of sin and damnation. He it is who leads us into the dens of inquinity, to cleanse them by faith and fury. His exploits are known all over Necromunda; from the destruction of the ghastly Broodmutha to the purging of the horrid Caller and his ratskin rebellion, he has stood time and time again in the path of oblivion, and countless are the heretics who have perished under his holy wrath.
In battle the Redeemer wields the fearsome Sword of Persecution, a thrice blessed eviscerator against whom have fallen time and time again the champions of evil
As a side weapon he bears an antique plasma pistol, a fitting instrument of the Emperor's fiery wrath, that ensures no one is safe from the just retribution spread out by our glorious Redeemer.
What sight is more magnificent than his Crown of All Cleansing Flame? It has become an icon of faith and Redemption, feared throughout the Underhive and the Ash Wastes for the inevitable punishment that follows it
After a life devoted to the salvation of Mankind truly it can be said of him:
 "Prince, slow to punish quick to reward, he suffers when he is obliged to be hard".
And what of me, deacon Malakev? I've been at my lord's side for several decades now, faithfully penning down his holy deeds so they can enter into the annals of the Redemption for the enlightnement of my bretheren. After the crusade aginst the Caller I was grievoulsy injuried, but Klovis (the most merciful of men) took me uphive and saved my life with the use of extensive bionics.
Since then I've acompanied him in many a purging, bearing upon my back the sacred Liber Excruciatus, a compendium of atonements and aids to redemption such as number 26, wich consists on cutting the nose of the penitent while replacing it with two nostril pipes. Thus he can enjoy the cleansing of pain while avoiding an untimely death (and thus miss another chance at salvation) by infection or disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment