Sunday 23 May 2021

The green hell

 

From our base of Trondheim we sailed on the 12th of Sigmarzeit to explore the rumoured ruins that lay in the Greater Itopanch island, word on the docks is that the place may be defended by natives, so we armed up with pistols and extra ammunition.

Our approach to the city was cautious, but soon we suffered the first loss when father Hermann was grievously wounded by a grapplevine.
Our hounds started barking madly, and I let them go to hunt ahead of the expedition
As I cut my way through the vegetation, a swarm of repulsive bats fell on me intent of bleeding me dry. However I didn't lose my cool and with wild swings of my hammer I managed to drive them away
Suddenly a pained yelp sounded from up ahead: the enemy had been found and one of our canine companions had been injuried or worse!
Quickly I led the brethen to the attack, as the natives were revealed amongs clouds of spores
Brother Hans had trained our dogs thoroughly before the battle, and one of them caught a glimpse of gold and dutifully dragged it back to me
In our right a pair of gigantic lizards were fighting with the hounds, Hans and the devout flagellants soon arived to help our animals in the struggle against the mutated beasts
 
Meanwhile our zealot had been exploring around the pyramid, and there he found some diminutive monster wich he promptly slaughtered with his hammers
After the loss of our priest the left flank had been left to Sprenger, than saw a heretical sorcerer in front of him and couldn't resist the chance to cleanse him at gunpoint
Ill fated move! The fanatical hunter was soon surrounded by the mutants and left for dead in the mud
Right before me a hound was set upon by a saurian monster, intent on recovering the golden bauble it was bringing back to us


Despite these setbacks the fight on our right was going well, and praise Sigmar both scaly behemoths were brought down by Hans and his men

It was time to turn the tide, and with precise shots of my crossbow I brought down a mercenary salyer, that was soon dispatched by my hunters
Meanwhile our hounds had been pursuing the enemy
But were soon stopped in their paws by another of the big lizards
Battle was winding down, and I instructed my men to recover what treasures they could before retreating back to the ship
A wolfhound killed one of the small beasts and brought back a golden idol
While the rest of my men finished off yet another lizard and began the long walk to the shore. We recoverd our wounded, Sprenger looks bad and will have to rest in the ship, while one of our canine companions has been taken from us by the monstruous scum.
Kramer, 15th Sigmarzeit 2021 IC

No comments:

Post a Comment