Monday 27 March 2017

Itopanch: Attack on the hideout

 Itopanch: an island hidden during millenia by the magic of the Slann. With the fading of their great plan, the mists lift and through them emerges a virgin land ripe for exploring!
Map by Francesca Baerald.
 In this Mordheim game I had to defend my base from the lizardmen, my ship would be anchored and immobile so I placed some cannon on the fortress. Then rain started to fall, hindering the use of the guns on the tower. I still had hopes, I only had to hold in the frotress until turn 6 and keep the stash safe in order to win.


 I placed my captain well hidden and the rest of the crew manning the guns

 The lizardmen sped ahed, while both warbands exhanged cannon shots
 One saurus was injuried

 First blood to the lizardmen, that sniped an ogre with the guns

 Revenge came soon and the totem warrior was killed by an iron ball

 The lizards grounded their ship and raced ahead
 One of my guns was destroyed by the enemy fire
 One skink was taken OoA by the fire of my remaining cannon
 The saurus at the head of the conga easily stepped over some quicksands

 The ogre guide manning the cannon was killed, while his youngblood comrade jumped overboard and swam to the shore
 I played a siren to try to lure a skink into the sea but he was left cold by her maritime charm
 One saurus wounded the youngblood who had just come ashore
 The garrison of the fortress charged ahead
 And fighting erupted in the beach, if I was in combat those cannon wouldn't be able to fire at me
 A saurus was brought low, but killed his attacker
While my captain gutted the skink hero in the end of turn 6.
I managed to defend the hideout in spite of the losses, so I won (quite in extremis).

In the campaign phase all lizardmen recovered well, their skinks gained +1 BS and the sauruses +1WS, while some heroes got new skills. The lizard also resuced a marooned pirate, gaining a swabbie. The phase was much hard for the maneaters, two youngbloods had to face wild cold ones and one was eaten by the enraged beast, the guide recieved a deep wound and would skip the next game. Despite such losses the income from the game was such that they not only refilled the place of the dead hero but also recruited a half grown equipped with a two handed waepon.

No comments:

Post a Comment