Each turn roll in the events table, and each week move and tale car of supply lines and staving armies.
each week the genrals in chief gives orders to his subordnietes and specifies to them the routes to follow mentioning cities and geographic points, the normal practice in this is that each player writes his orders in a paper and all show them at the same time or if not you can set a system of rotative turns.in this phade you can divide your armies but each new separation of the main body must be lead by one of it's generals and of course be noted in a paper it's composition.
each turn they will move 150 km, 300 if the army is composed exclusively of cavalry, each river slows you 20 km. Once two armies clash there is a battle. You can give ordres to build redoubts to stand the enemy assault, in that case the soldiers will ned a day of time (20km of march) to raise the entrenchments taht will appear on the following battle. If you wish to quit you must lesft a wuarter of your bases behind to cover teh retreat, that quarter must fight a rarguard action to win time for the rest of the regiment.
Food: each army must be abe to draw a ininterrumped line from city to city to his supply lines, in case that the enmy would be cutting it the army will loose a 20 % of it's bases by hunger. You can sack the cities in search for supplies, the russians can also sack but with a -1 tot the dice and in case of rollin 1 they never lose bases. Also a retrating army can burn the cities lefting them unsuitable to further sacks. once sacked a city never produce more supplies.
1 ambush. 0 supplies and you loose 2 bases at the hand of the angry peasants.
2 - 4 1 turn supplies
5 2 turns
6 3 turns
Note: the cossacks units do not need supply lines
- Dissentery: a random army loose 4 bases ob your choice
- Typhus: a random army looses 2 bases
- Syphilis: a random general dies
- trapped in the mud: choose one of your armies, it will move just 80 km this week
- floods: minus 50 km for each river that you cross
- Pontoons: cross the rivers as open terrain this week
- Explorators screen, you can change the movment of one of your armies
- sacking specialists: you can roll for despoling in a burned city
- Messenger: you can change the orders of a certain general
- Forced march: you can move 100 km more with one army
- Deceiving: you can move one of your oppenents (choose wich) up to 100 km