Friday 30 August 2024

The defence of Blood Pyramid

 

"With the skaven defeated a new foe rises up against us, the dreaded undead emerging from the jungles to the north towards the Blood Pyramid, and so the expedition marches once more to war. I've prepared the battlefield in advance, and our guns and wits stand ready to repel this unnatural foe, despite all, when facing against death itself only valour will see us through."

Journal of Kaspar can Gelt, feldmarshall of the Altdorf Expedition
In all my years as a warrior often I've had to contend with the vampires and their undead servants, and my heart still beats a little slower when remembering the grueling battles against the hordes of skeletons and zombies they bring to war
Such experiences, dreadful as they might be, have served me well however, and knowing how slow can these eldritch foes be I readied a battery of cannon and shot that started decimating their ranks in the first minutes of battle
Leaving behind the thinning ranks of his followers, the malevolent sorcerer at the head of the horde flew against us, but while our cannon didn't manage to hit him his magic proved equally ineffective, thanks be given to our lord Sigmar
The battle seemed to go well, and I led an attack with the freikorps across the river to our right. Suddenly, out of the jungle a mass of wolves and evil spirits fell upon us, and one of dead knight struck me down with an enchanted blade
I fell to the ground, only to see a dreadful monster rampage through the artillery deployed on the hill. 

It seemed that the battle was lost right then, but luckily my men knew their trade and a cannonball destroyed the creature, leaving the vampire to the tender mercies of the steam tank Viktoria
I dragged myself out of harm's way as best as I could while my knights were overrun
But with he loss of their general the undead had begun to crumble, the disciplined regiments of Altdorf charging the scant survivors and putting them to rest for good
Brother Jacobus and lady Yennefer oversaw the completion of our victory, vanishing both ghostly apparitions and skeleton knights with steel and gunpowder; routing the undead from the field and securing the land for our glorious expedition


While I recovered from my wounds the army kept up the pace, liberating a lizardmen temple to the west from ratmen filth, and marching up north to bring battle to the vile necromancers that dare confront us



No comments:

Post a Comment