Wednesday 2 January 2019

Grey Knight Paladins

 Santa came around this year and left me some nice grey knights, I eagerly opened them up and began the conversion work, paint took a bit longer but they were finished just in time to greet the new year.
These guys aren't your most competitive option out there but I've got a guard+imperial knight combo for that and I'm second in my league anyway (after the nefarious eldar of course).
 For these I wanted something truly special so I decided to turn them into homages to artwork from the old daemonhunters codex, my first 40k love. Here we have the "grey knight hero", a HQ option


 To keep with the st Michael-George/holy knight theme I gave them flaming swords and a silver drybrush to make their armour gleam
 Subtle RGB was thrown into the mix of course
 They have the names of the four archangels and a prophet
 Glowing eyes from casting psychic powers

 Justicar Weiss








 This guy had allota skulls on him








 Rare colour art from the back cover, oh bygone days when colour was reserved for the covers and miniature photographies!

 Yesh so detailed a model and yet they can't pre drill storm bolters






 The standard bearer is the least good looking model. I left the banner unglued to paint it better and when I put it in place it covered all the knight's front thanks to having picked the wrong right arm, never leaving banners aside again






No comments:

Post a Comment